DATE: September 22, 2022
POSITION: Community Engagement Coordinator (Full Time Regular)
SHIFT: Monday – Friday @ 8:30am to 5pm
LOCATION: NCADD of the South Bay – Torrance, CA
ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Facilitates and implements tobacco policy campaign activities.
- Networks with community agencies to establish strong working relationships
- Researches community resources and establishes community partnerships.
- Attends community meetings, City Council hearings, and provides public testimony as needed.
- Partners and communicates with community stakeholders both verbally and in written communications.
- Assists Project Coordinator in creating and conducting community educational presentations.
- Utilizes cultural and ethnic wealth within communities and assists in developing culturally relevant materials to support policy campaigns.
- Participates in local and countywide coalitions.
- Conducts community assessments and key informant interviews,
- Works collaboratively as a team member with all staff members.
- Works in support of the LA County Work Plan goals and objectives.
- Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS: Following are the qualifications required to perform the essential functions of this position. Qualifications may be subject to modification based on the Americans with Disabilities Act.
Required Knowledge: High school diploma or equivalency. Must have valid California driver’s license and liability insurance if driving personal vehicle on BHS business. Ability to communicate clearly with clients, staff, peers, supervisors and non BHS resources. Strong written communication skills, with an eye to editing, including appropriate use of grammar, spelling and punctuation. Ability to demonstrate/convey respect for cultural and lifestyle diversities of clients and staff. Ability to present to diverse communities/populations, at all levels of internal/external organizations. Proven track record of, and ability to demonstrate ethical and professional standards of behavior.
Desired Knowledge: Knowledge of drug and alcohol dependency, mental health, family systems and 12-Step/recovery resources in the community. Bachelor’s degree or relevant experience in the fields of public health, public policy and /or community organizing. Ability to utilize Social Media and update content to develop and manage campaigns. Ability to recognize personal biases working within diverse populations.
Recovering individuals must have a minimum two years clean, sober and abstinent to be considered for employment.
APPLICATIONS: Current BHS employees who are interested in this position may apply by submitting an "Employee Request for Transfer". The request must be received no later than the closing date of this recruitment. Internal applicants will be accepted after that time only if other applications are still being accepted and considered.
Other applicants may email resume or FAX (310)679-4621, or apply in person at 15519 Crenshaw Blvd., Gardena, CA. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
BHS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
BHS will consider applicants with criminal history as required.