POSITION: Health Center Nurse Practitioner (Per Diem)
LOCATION: Family Health Center – Hawthorne, CA
DUTIES: The Nurse Practitioner (NP) is responsible for preventive and acute health care services of assigned caseload of patients. The position collaborates with the Medical Director as described in the established protocol. Other duties may include:
- Provides medical care to indigent primary care patients.
- Provides consultation to the nurses and clinical staff.
- Consults with medical director regarding work performance of nurse practitioners and nurses.
- Consults training or assist in training of medical students, interns, residents, nurse practitioners and other related health professionals.
- Coordinates medical care of assigned patients.
- Consults with other staff physicians and para-medical personnel regarding medical management of patients and quality of medical and diagnostic work performed.
- Confers with medical director on management issues.
- Participates in medical and services utilization audits, peer review and quality assurance activities.
QUALIFICATIONS: Following are the qualifications and competencies required to perform the essential functions of this position. Qualifications may be subject to modification based on the Americans with Disabilities Act.
Current RN NP license and CPR. Experience working with clients and staff from diverse socio-economic, ethnic, and cultural backgrounds. Ability to travel as needed. Bilingual ability helpful.
Recovering individuals must have a minimum two years clean, sober and abstinent to be considered for employment.
APPLICATIONS: Current BHS employees who are interested in this position may apply by submitting an "Employee Request for Transfer". The request must be received no later than the closing date of this recruitment. Internal applicants will be accepted after that time only if other applications are still being accepted and considered
Other applicants may email resume or FAX (310)679-4621, or apply in person at 15519 Crenshaw Bl., Gardena, CA. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
BHS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
BHS will consider applicants with criminal history as required.