DATE: January 14, 2022
POSITION: Maintenance Lead (Full Time Regular)
SHIFT: Monday – Friday @ 8am to 5pm
LOCATION: Corporate Office – Gardena, CA
DUTIES: Responsible for a wide variety of skilled maintenance duties in and around the facility. Performs routine and non-routine activities of the Maintenance Department as required. May directly supervise one or more employees. Works as a team member with other maintenance staff throughout BHS. Other duties may include:
- Performs installations, services and repairs. Carries out special projects.
- Wall framing and dry walling.
- Electrical, able to run/install electrical wiring, switches, outlets and light fixtures for new or existing construction.
- Plumbing experience in commercial environment. Able to replace piping from galvanized to PVC and experience with use of snake up to 125 foot.
- Paints walls & trim, as needed with knowledge of appropriate paint to use for different projects.
- Maintenance & repair of heating & cooling systems that includes A/C units and some experience with Boilers.
- Determines if tasks can be carried out by in-house maintenance staff. Recommends use of outside services only when necessary.
- Orders various supplies, parts, and materials as needed. May arrange to pick up such items when necessary.
- Replaces bulbs as needed and/or makes necessary repairs to fixtures; repairs various types of electrical cords as needed; cleans fixtures on a regular basis.
QUALIFICATIONS: Following are the qualifications required to perform the essential functions of this position. Qualifications may be subject to modification based on the Americans with Disabilities Act.
Combination of education and work experience equivalent to some trade school plus two years’ experience in related general maintenance, institutional setting preferred. Demonstrated leadership experience. Know how to operate various power tools. Must be able to understand and read English in order to read and understand material safety data sheets, maintenance requests and other written materials.
Computer, communication, writing, record keeping and math skills adequate for performance of job duties. Valid California driver’s license. Must have liability insurance when driving personal vehicle on BHS business.
Able to stand, stoop, bend, squat and reach for purpose of performing job duties such as handling materials stocked on shelves, filing, lifting, and assisting with emergency situations. Routinely lift and move items weighing up to twenty-five pounds and up to seventy-five pounds; is expected to ask for assistance and use a dolly or cart for any heavy items. Vision, hearing, manual dexterity and eye-hand coordination must be adequate for performance of job duties. Able to operate floor machines and physically perform other job duties. Duties may require occasional use of stool or ladder and ability to work on ladder.
Recovering individuals must have a minimum two years clean, sober and abstinent to be considered for employment.
APPLICATIONS: Current BHS employees who are interested in this position may apply by submitting an "Employee Request for Transfer". The request must be received no later than the closing date of this recruitment. Internal applicants will be accepted after that time only if other applications are still being accepted and considered.
Other applicants may email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or FAX (AREA), or apply in person at the above address. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
BHS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
BHS will consider applicants with criminal history as required.