POSITION: Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) – Regular Part Time
SHIFT: Tuesday & Wednesday @ 7pm – 7am
LOCATION: Redgate Memorial Recovery Center - Long Beach, CA
DUTIES: The Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) assesses patients and provides nursing care in accordance with physicians’ orders and treatment objectives and as instructed by supervisor. The LVN works with other healthcare professionals in a substance use recovery center.
- Make presentations and facilitate educational groups & sessions.
- Assist in the assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation of the nursing care plan.
- Assess and document patient treatment progress, medical or behavioral changes, and unusual incidents.
- Monitor patient management and treatment. May be assigned to provide continual observation of confused patients.
- Safely and accurately administer medications.
- Identify and assist in management of emergencies.
- Obtain and record vital signs. Chart routine information, vital signs, and daily activities.
- Monitor and document withdrawal symptoms.
- Conduct medication audits and destroy outdated medications per policy
- Assist with orientation, admission, transfer, and discharge of patients.
- Follow directions and orders of physicians and registered nurses.
- Teach and monitor patients and staff for compliance with COVID-19 safety protocols.
- Interact with patients to support their participation in the program. May provide educational sessions or other groups for patients.
- Coordinate other healthcare needs of the patient outside the facility
QUALIFICATIONS: Following are the qualifications required to perform the essential function of this position. Qualifications may be subject to modification based on the Americans with Disabilities Act.
High school diploma or equivalency. LVN license required. Valid California Driver’s License and ability insurance if driving personal vehicle on BHS business.
Vision, hearing, manual dexterity and eye-hand coordination must be adequate for performance of job duties. Able to move about the facility to observe clients and staff. Specific qualifications may vary based on assignment.
Recovering individuals must have a minimum two years clean, sober and abstinent to be considered for employment.
APPLICATIONS: Current BHS employees who are interested in this position may apply by submitting an "Employee Request for Transfer". The request must be received no later than the closing date of this recruitment. Internal applicants will be accepted after that time only if other applications are still being accepted and considered.
Other applicants may email resume to email@example.com or FAX (310) 679-4621, or apply in person at 15519 Crenshaw Blvd., Gardena, CA. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
BHS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
BHS will consider applicants with criminal history as required.