POSITION: Health Center Primary Care Physician (Part Time Regular)
LOCATION: Adelante Health Center – Santa Ana, CA
DUTIES: The position is responsible for medical management of assigned caseload of patients. The position collaborates with the Medical Director as described in the established protocol. Has operational responsibility on primary care team. Position reports to physician team leader responsible for primary care teams. The primary care physician will have a nurse assist in patient case management.
- Provides medical care to indigent primary care patients.
- Provides consultation to the nurses and clinical staff.
- Consults with medical director regarding work performance of nurse practitioners and nurses.
- Consults training or assist in training of medical students, interns, residents, nurse practitioners and other related health professionals.
- Coordinates medical care of assigned patients.
- Consults with other staff physicians and para-medical personnel regarding medical management of patients and quality of medical and diagnostic work performed.
- Confers with medical director on management issues.
- Confers on the planning and direction of the primary care team as it relates to the physician’s specialty.
- Participates in medical and services utilization audits, peer review and quality assurance activities.
QUALIFICATIONS: Following are the qualifications and competencies required to perform the essential functions of this position. Qualifications may be subject to modification based on the Americans with Disabilities Act.
Current California Physician & Surgeon License, DEA Certificate, and CPR. Experience working with clients and staff from diverse socio-economic, ethnic, and cultural backgrounds. Ability to travel as needed. Bilingual ability helpful.
Able to stand, stoop, bend, squat and reach for purpose of performing job duties such as handling materials stocked on shelves, filing, lifting and assisting in emergency situations. Duties may require occasional use of stool or small ladder. Routinely lift and move items weighing up to ten pounds and occasionally up to twenty-five pounds; is expected to ask for assistance and use a dolly or cart for any heavy items. Able to move about the facility. Ability to sit at desk, use keyboard and physically perform job duties.
Must have valid California driver’s license and liability insurance if driving personal vehicle on BHS business. Vision, hearing, manual dexterity and eye-hand coordination must be adequate for performance of job duties. Speech must be clear. Good hearing for face-to-face and telephone contact and communication. Specific qualifications may vary based on assignment.
Recovering individuals must have a minimum two years clean, sober and abstinent to be considered for employment.
APPLICATIONS: Current BHS employees who are interested in this position may apply by submitting an "Employee Request for Transfer". The request must be received no later than the closing date of this recruitment. Internal applicants will be accepted after that time only if other applications are still being accepted and considered.
Other applicants may email resume or FAX (310)679-4261, or apply in person at the above address 15519 Crenshaw Blvd., Gardena, CA. 90249. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
BHS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
BHS will consider applicants with criminal history as required.