POSITION: Maintenance Assistant (Full Time Regular)
SHIFT: Monday – Friday @ 8am to 5pm
LOCATION: Corporate Office – Gardena, CA
DUTIES: Under the direction of the Corporate Operations Manager, the Maintenance Assistant is responsible for the repair, maintenance and housekeeping of BHS owned and/or leased facilities as assigned. Other duties:
- Performs routine and preventive maintenance, as well as unscheduled duties when needed, for example, due to a malfunction.
- Assists maintenance mechanic and tradesmen with more skilled maintenance tasks, including trouble-shooting and repairs.
- Plumbing duties include service and repair of faucets, drains, toilets, and sinks. Clears clogged toilets and drains when necessary.
- Electrical duties include checking lighting in and around BHS buildings; replacing bulbs as needed; replacing switches & wall outlets.
- Plasters walls and ceilings, paints walls & trim, as needed with knowledge of appropriate paint to use for different projects.
- Arranges for repair of equipment by outside vendors as needed.
- Backs up courier, transporting mail, goods, and clients as required.
- May performs unscheduled cleaning duties as needed, for example, due to a spill or sewer back up.
- Moves equipment and furniture for renovation, rearrangement, and relocation of offices.
- Orders essential supplies and equipment as needed.
QUALIFICATIONS: ollowing are the qualifications required to perform the essential functions of this position. Qualifications may be subject to modification based on the Americans with Disabilities Act.
Some related maintenance experience and/or training required. Experience with various power tools and office equipment. Must be able to understand and read English in order to read material safety data sheets and other written materials.
Communication, writing, record keeping and math skills adequate for performance of job duties. Must have current California Class C driver’s license with record acceptable to our insurance carrier. If driving personal vehicle on BHS business, must have liability insurance.
Able to stand, stoop, bend, squat and reach for purpose of performing job duties such as handling materials stocked on shelves, filing, lifting, and assisting with emergency situations. Routinely lift and move items weighing up to twenty-five pounds and occasionally up to seventy-five pounds; is expected to ask for assistance and use a dolly or cart for any heavy items. Vision, hearing, manual dexterity and eye-hand coordination must be adequate for performance of job duties. Able to physically perform other job duties. Duties may require occasional use of stool or ladder and ability to work on ladder.
Recovering individuals must have a minimum two years clean, sober and abstinent to be considered for employment.
APPLICATIONS: Current BHS employees who are interested in this position may apply by submitting an "Employee Request for Transfer". The request must be received no later than the closing date of this recruitment. Internal applicants will be accepted after that time only if other applications are still being accepted and considered.
Other applicants may email resume to email@example.com or FAX (AREA), or apply in person at the above address. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
BHS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
BHS will consider applicants with criminal history