POSITION: Health Center RN (Regular Full Time)
LOCATION: Corporate Office – Gardena, CA
The HC Registered Nurse will assist the Director of HC Quality Management in overseeing nursing care in the health centers, including in areas of infectious diseases, training, protocol development, and compliance. This position will assist in setting up and managing new health programs as assigned.
- Observe and record patient behavior.
- Conduct and supervisor specialty vaccination and testing clinics.
- Conduct comprehensive assessment of patients’ physical, mental, and psychosocial needs.
- Develop care plans to prevent disease exacerbation, improve outcomes, increase patient engagement in self-care, decrease risk status, and minimize hospital and ED utilization.
- Assist patients in navigating the health care system: coordinate specialty care, follow-up on test results, coordinate pharmacy services for specialty medications, etc.
- Collect patient health history.
- Document in electronic medical record system (such as eClinicalWorks).
- Counsel and educate patients and their families on treatment plans.
- Assist in oversight of daily operations for the unit including staffing, training, metrics, performance and reporting.
- Effective scheduling of workflows to provide optimum coverage with available resources to meet department goals relating to production and quality.
- Answer inquires, provide information, and resolve complaints from providers, patients, or other agencies in regard to specialty care.
- Review status on Treatment Authorization Request (TARs) and any other authorizations or requirements of manages care organizations to assure compliance with health plan programs.
- Cooperatively work with outside agencies to help patients apply for alternate resources when appropriate.
- Collaborate with clinical staff and the Quality Management department in reviewing, managing, and follow up on tracking systems for metrics.
- Research ways to improve healthcare processes and improve patient outcomes.
- Maintain and foster relationships with community providers, agencies and organizations involved in care for patients.
- Works collaboratively as a team member with all staff members.
- Promote and believe in BHS mission statement.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Possession of current California Driver’s License.
- Experience in training clinical staff
- Demonstrate skills in conducting comprehensive nursing assessment and care plan development, various health screenings, clinical system design and development, project management, and relationship building.
- Experience using behavioral strategies including motivational interviewing and self-management support.
- Ability to build collaborative support system with community agencies and organizations.
- Ability to demonstrate/convey respect for cultural and lifestyle diversities of clients and staff.
- Ability to present to diverse communities/populations, at all levels of internal/external organizations.
- Ability to recognize personal issues that may have an impact on job performance and interactions with clients.
- Ability to note documentation in electronic medical record system.
- Ability to relate to the public regardless of racial, ethnic, economic, sexual orientation, and gender identity status.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Proven track record of, and ability to demonstrate ethical and professional standards of behavior.
- Basic knowledge of referrals, both in and out of the BHS treatment system.
- Basic knowledge and experience in utilizing Microsoft Office, specifically MS Word and Excel.
- Experience working for a community clinic, with Medi-Cal (Medicaid) and Medicare, or underserved patient communities in a healthcare setting.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in nursing or healthcare
- Possession of current, valid California Driver’s license.
- Active Registered Nursing (RN) or greater clinical license in California without restrictions.
- 2-4 years of experience as an RN, will consider graduate degree status in leu of experience.
- Preferred: Experience working in drug and alcohol dependency or behavioral health.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, sit, talk, hear and use hands and fingers to operate a computer and telephone keyboard reach.
Light to moderate lifting is occasionally required (up to 25 lbs.)
Ability to sit at a computer terminal for an extended period of time.
Ability to travel locally to clinical sites including, but not limited to: Santa Ana, East LA, Wilmington, Carson, and Hawthorne.
APPLICATIONS: Current BHS employees who are interested in this position may apply by submitting an "Employee Request for Transfer”. The request must be received no later than the closing date of this recruitment. Internal applicants will be accepted after that time only if other applications are still being accepted and considered.
Other applicants may email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or FAX (310)679-4621, or apply in person at 15519 Crenshaw Blvd., Gardena, CA. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
BHS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
BHS will consider applicants with criminal history as required.