POSITION: Revenue Cycle Manager (Full Time Regular)
LOCATION: Corporate Office – Gardena, CA
Oversea daily billing operations for both FQHC and Behavioral Health settings.
- Recruits, interviews, hires, and trains new staff.
- Oversees the daily workflow of the department.
- Provides constructive and timely performance evaluations.
- Handles discipline and termination of employees in accordance with company policy.
- Ongoing process improvement analysis; and implementation of system improvements. Oversight includes all activities within the scope of the Billing Department including coding, charge/data entry, financial counseling, cash posting, insurance follow-up, and billing and collection of patient balances.
- Ensure Billing Department adheres to regulations, company policy, HIPAA, 42CFR, CMS, HRSA, FQHC guidelines and statutes and contract requirements.
- Identifies, analyzes and addresses challenges and/or breakdowns in the revenue cycle process.
- Perform ongoing trend analysis of payer rejections and denials. Perform proactive audits on all recommended A/R write offs and present audit results to Executive Management.
- Collection rates, ongoing analysis and monitoring.
- Work with EHR vendor on Electronic Interchange (EDI) issues and system upgrades to maximize practice management system utilization.
- Collaborate closely with Accounting Department to contribute to cash reconciliation actives and to assist in the assessment of accounts receivable collectability and validation, including the writing off of bad debts.
- Assist with review of contracted rates verses reimbursements.
- Creates and develops reports to address management needs; analyze information to identify trends or issues.
- Work in multiple EHR systems.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
- Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field required or equivalent education, training, and experience.
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in billing, accounts receivable, CPT and ICD-10 coding.
- Minimum 2 years’ supervisory experience, preferably in health care and behavioral health setting.
- Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) experience.
- Recent experience working with eClinicalWorks and or myEvolv is highly preferred.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, sit, talk, hear and use hands and fingers to operate a computer and telephone keyboard reach.
- Light to moderate lifting is occasionally required (up to 25 lbs.)
- Ability to sit at a desk and computer terminal for an extended period of time.
- Ability to move about the facility.
- Vision, hearing, manual dexterity and eye-hand coordination must be adequate for performance of job duties.
APPLICATIONS: Current BHS employees who are interested in this position may apply by submitting an "Employee Request for Transfer". The request must be received no later than the closing date of this recruitment. Internal applicants will be accepted after that time only if other applications are still being accepted and considered.
Other applicants may email resume to email@example.com or fax to (310)679-4621 or apply in person at above address. No phone calls please.
BHS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
BHS will consider applicants with criminal history as required.