POSITION: Health Center Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) – Regular Full Time
LOCATION: Family Health Center – Hawthorne, CA. Some travel may be required.
DUTIES: The Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) is responsible for mental health management of assigned caseload of patients. The position collaborates with the Medical Director. Below are some of the duties and responsibilities of the position:
- Provides mental health care to indigent primary care patients.
- Provides consultation to the nurses and clinical staff.
- Consults with medical director regarding work performance of nurse practitioners and nurses.
- Consults with other staff physicians and para-medical personnel regarding medical management of patients and quality of medical and diagnostic work performed.
- Confers with medical director on management issues.
- Confers on the planning and direction of the primary care team as it relates to the physician’s specialty.
- Participates in medical and services utilization audits, peer review and quality assurance activities.
QUALIFICATIONS: Following are the qualifications and competencies required to perform the essential functions of this position. Qualifications may be subject to modification based on the Americans with Disabilities Act.
Must possess and maintain an appropriate license to practice as a Licensed Clinical Social Worker. Ability to travel as needed.
Able to stand, stoop, bend, squat and reach for purpose of performing job duties such as handling materials stocked on shelves, filing, lifting and assisting in emergency situations. Duties may require occasional use of stool or small ladder. Routinely lift and move items weighing up to ten pounds and occasionally up to twenty-five pounds; is expected to ask for assistance and use a dolly or cart for any heavy items. Able to move about the facility. Ability to sit at desk, use keyboard and physically perform job duties.
Recovering individuals must have a minimum two years clean, sober and abstinent to be considered for employment.
APPLICATIONS: Current BHS employees who are interested in this position may apply by submitting an "Employee Request for Transfer". The request must be received no later than the closing date of this recruitment. Internal applicants will be accepted after that time only if other applications are still being accepted and considered.
Other applicants may email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or FAX (310)679-4621, or apply in person at 15519 Crenshaw Bl., Gardena, CA. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
BHS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
BHS will consider applicants with criminal history as required.