Behavioral Health Services (BHS) is a non-for-profit, community-based health care organization, whose mission is to transform lives by providing substance abuse, mental health, drug-free transitional living, family preservation, prevention and Family Health Center and other related health services to the residents of Southern California. If you are interested in being a part of this dynamic organization, please apply.
POSITION: HR Analyst (Full Time Regular)
LOCATION: BHS Admin.- Human Resources - Gardena, CA.
DUTIES: Human Resources Analyst, as part a team, has a key role in human resources and compliance which includes safety, policy, credentialing, mandatory training and legal requirements, licensing, safety and reports. Performs specialized tasks and projects, as needed. Work as a team member in performing duties and assignments. Adhere to professional standards. Ability to prepare accurate and precise reports and correspondence. Ability to demonstrate ethical and professional behavior. Ability to communicate clearly, with clients, staff, peers, supervisors and non-BHS resources. Ability to convey respect for cultural and lifestyle diversities of clients and staff. Excellent computer skills, proficient in excel. Ability to readily adapt to the indicated computer information system.
QUALIFICATIONS: Following are the qualifications required to perform the essential functions of this position. Qualifications may be subject to modification based on the Americans with Disabilities Act. Bilingual abilities may be required within certain BHS programs.
- BA/BS in Business, HR, Law or related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- PHR, SPHR, Certification, preferred.
- 2 or more years of experience working in HR
- Demonstrated experience with HR’s policies, procedures and programs.
- Demonstrated experience leading projects that are completed on schedule and within scope.
- Strong team orientation. Strong interpersonal communication skills including the ability to deal with all levels of senior leadership on potentially sensitive topics.
- Experience performing process improvements, planning and attention to detail.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.Ability to problem-solve.
- Proficient in Microsoft applications, specifically excel.
- Bilingual abilities may be required within certain BHS programs.
- Must have positive, professional attitude, sincere interest and desire in working with target population; patience and compassion, sensitivity to culture, attitudes, beliefs and knowledge of target population. Must have valid California driver’s license and liability insurance if driving personal vehicle on BHS business.
- Able to stand, bend, stoop, squat and reach for purpose of performing duties such as handling materials stocked on shelves, filing and handling and sorting mail. Routinely lift and move items weighing up to ten pounds; is expected to ask for assistance and use dolly or cart and any heavy items. Vision, hearing, manual dexterity and eye-hand coordination adequate to answer telephones, use keyboard, write messages. Able to move about the facility and in other off-site locations. The above statements reflect the general duties considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job as identified and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all the work requirements which may be inherent in the position
Recovering individuals must have a minimum two years clean, sober and abstinent to be considered for employment.
APPLICATIONS: Current BHS employees who are interested in this position may apply by submitting an "Employee Request for Transfer" following the instructions shown on the form. The request must be received no later than the closing date of this recruitment. Internal applicants will be accepted after that time only if other applications are still being accepted and considered.
Other applicants may email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or FAX (310)679-4621, or apply in person at 15519 Crenshaw Blvd., Gardena, CA. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
BHS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
BHS will consider applicants with criminal history as required.